Monday, April 13, 2009
Kerala Trip - Day 7
The backwaters of Kumarakom to Coimbatore
* Early morning --- we're all up for the sunrise...no alarms needed!
* It's so peaceful and quiet, I love it!
* Morning tea in the open air living area, while the handover for the next family vacation is discussed Olympic style...as in before one Olympics ends, the location for the next one is announced! It's to be at our family village on the banks of the Soan river in Bihar, and we will hopefully explore Nalanda, Rajgir, Varanasi and more!
* A couple of hours of sailing back to our mooring....we have a bit of poetry reading, with my ma-in-law reading some of her new poems! Wah, what an atmosphere to read poetry!
* We're back already? No, no it's too soon, can we rewind, I don't want to get off the kettuvellum!
* I walk about a bit and find this lovely temple next to where we are moored. I pay my respects from afar, hoping to come back some day.
* All good things must come to an end, I suppose! We start our long drive to Coimbatore and then from there to Bangalore the next morning.
* Puncture stop! Luckily it's a nice shady spot, with an interesting love and happiness ashram across the road and a temple on a hill nearby....not that we go exploring, just nice sights to see from afar!
* End of the trip!
I suddenly realized I had not posted this last edition.....and thought I must clear all old vacation posts, before I head out on a new one ;-)
See my older posts on this vacation: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5 & Day 6