A lovely trip to Kasauli

A trip to the hills...always wonderful, always welcome. This time we went to Kasauli, one of my favorite places in the hills, just because I have grown up close by and visited the town so many times. I still love going to the old haunts, like eating bunsums (bun samosa's) in the bazaar like we did when we were kids!

Some photos from my trip.

Petite little flowers in delicate hues.

Steep winding paths.

Sun dappled light and shadows.

Beautiful views of the plains. This is the newest block of rooms to be renovated....they're in the final stages now...and what a view they have, especially if it's not as hazy as it was this day.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow! What amazing photographs! You sure had an awesome time!
Purvi said…
beautiful photographs :) kasauli indeed is a beautiful place. peaceful and serene :)
Jyoti Babel said…
Lovely pictures.. Looks like you had a great holiday.. The place looks tranquil..
My Dream Canvas said…
Ah! You make me so nostalgic. All the summers we spent in Kasauli. Amma cooking in the holiday home while Papa, Chotu and I trecked and collected pine cones :-) I hear my little niece is an absolute doll. Thanks for stopping by MDC. Your chandigarh pictures are lovely. Living abroad is not alays easy....mising everyone today!
Shalini said…
Thanks Patricia, Purvi, Jyoti and Anu.

Anu, Oh, wow, I didn't know that you'd spent time there when you were growing up. Just imagine if we had met then!

Thank you, she's my little doll!

I know, it's a tough trade-off isn't it, but at least I get a lot of satisfaction from living just 3 hours away. ps: Sorry for making you homesick.
Victoria said…
Oh my... what a view indeed. Just gorgeous, thanks for sharing!
This post make me so nostalgic..miss those lovely days in India. Beautiful pictures:)
Unknown said…
Very nice pictures you have shared with us. Keep it up.
Ritika said…
I also visited Kasuali once and think that it is one of the best hill stations to explore. I am indeed a very adventurous person and always love to explore new destinations to enjoy the nature.

Popular Posts