Saturday, April 17, 2010
What does happiness mean to you?
Hema of Wading Through Words recently gave my blog a Happiness 101 Award. To accept the award I have to list 10 things that make me happy and pass it on to 5 more bloggers.
1. Anticipation of the vacation. I love planning, making arrangements, and everything to do with creating a wonderful vacation.
2. Rain. It's pure joy to me when the heavens open up. I love approaching thunderstorms, with all their bluff and bluster of thunder and lightning.
3. Reading a good book. After reading so many new authors, I really love going back to the classics, like East of Eden and Rebecca.
4. Finding and buying art. It's an addiction, but such a happy one. I love to buy art and it doesn't matter if the artist is well-known or not.
5. Springtime. I love the way nature showers it's bounty of flowers and fresh leaves on us.
6. Sipping a hot chocolate at a cafe with my hubby, and eating a slice of cheesecake. I love to take time out and go on a coffee/cocoa/tea date with my dearest one.
7. Lazy weekends spent at home. It's nice to sometimes plan to do absolutely nothing on the weekend, to just be lazy, to spend all morning reading the papers, to listen to so great music and have a nice relaxed meal.
8. Fresh flowers, leaves, twigs, stones collected from my walks. The simple pleasures of coming back home with something.
9. Photography. I'm looking forward to taking shots on my travels with the new camera.
10. Being creative. I love to be able to make things out of just stuff that I find at home....like making a wreath out of wrapping paper, or coasters out of colorful magazine pages or bowls from modeling clay.
I'm going to pass on this award to fellow bloggers whose blogs bring them as much Happiness as it does their readers.
Lakshmi at Celebrations of Life
Kits at Life
Patricia at Colors Dekor
Quicksilver at A Slice of Happiness
Shilpa at The Reluctant Homemaker