I love Flickr!

I've really got quite involved in setting up and adding pictures to my Flickr account. I had a yahoo photos account, where I used to upload my pics to send to friends and family and then last month they announced that Yahoo photos would be closing and that everyone has to move their pics elsewhere, or have them automatically deleted after a certain point (which they have yet to specify). Transferring pics was meant to be automatic (which is still not available) to your choice of company and I chose Flickr, since it's clearly the most popular of such sites. So far, I have added about 19 pics, of which 18 are public and can be viewed by anyone and everyone. It's interesting to get comments from other members and to browse through their pics as well. Voyeuristic, but still interesting!

Comments

Anonymous said…
A few weeks back I downloaded Yahoo widgets and stumbled upon my album widget. It connects to your yahoo photo account and shows you pics from your albums. As my last brush with Yahoo Photo was a couple of years back the pics there were stale/ outdated. Ever since I've been planning /procrastinating organizing my pics. Finally today when I got around to it, they told me its shutting down and that I could transfer my pics to Flickr automatically. But then Flickr imposed so may restrictions on you unless you subscribed to it ($24). That put me off. I finally landed on Google Picasa2 and found it quite a revelation. Try it out if you like. Also, I'm coming back to blogspot after a long hiatus. See you around.
Shalini said…
I used to use Picassa earlier, but prefer Flickr now. I was still waiting to hear from them about how to transfer pics automatically from Yahoo to Flickr, didn't know about any restrictions or cost as yet. Thanks for the info...must follow up and transfer my pics before I lose them.

BTW, Were you able to transfer your pics to Picassa automatically from Yahoo pics?
Anonymous said…
Unfortunately you can't import photos from flickr to Picasa and thats why I guess for yahoo users moving to Picasa is the path of least resistance.
Shalini said…
Ok, will keep that in mind....still have a bunch of pics that I need to move out of Yahoo pics before it closes.
Anonymous said…
"yahoo users moving to Picasa is the path of least resistance"
Sorry, its supposed to be flickr. Stay put where you are. Flickr I heard is good

Popular Posts