Beware of tagged

A old school friend recently sent me one of those auto generated invites to a site called Tagged (and no, I will not link to them). I decided to check it out and accepted to see what it was all about. Oh, how I regret it now. As part of the sign up process, the darn thing accesses your address book and sent, yes sent invites to every single person in my address book. I was mortified to find out about it, when I got one of those emails myself (since I have my secondary email saved in my main address book). I immediately wrote them a stinker and cancelled my account. Now it seems, that they are still sending out invitations on my behalf, when I am not even a member with them. I just can't stand sites like this. So, I send them stinker letter #2, worded even stronger than the last time. Let's hope they get the message once and forever.

Comments

Popular Posts