Elle Decor

Something I look forward to every alternate month is my new issue of Elle Decor. I have been buying it off the racks for ages and only recently subscribed to it. As a free gift with the subscription , I received two silk cushion covers with zardozi embroidery in a violent shade of green. Quite awful looking but it was free!!! Its unlikely I will ever use it in my home though.

Apart from that one incident, Elle Decor does a great job of showcasing eclectic houses from all parts of the world. The colours on its pages are marvelous and the photographs with interesting details. In the monsoon issue they had two new articles, Facelift and Makeovers. Both were very nicely done, though not exactly how I would do it but full of interesting uses of products.

Over the years I have built up a collection of photographs of rooms and houses that I like the look of. Sometimes its the furniture, paintings, overall style of the room, wall colour, lighting, coziness or something intangible.

Comments

Popular Posts