think big when it comes to art

I love my home and the cozy feel I have created, but every once in a while, I like to or rather I have to just change things up a bit. What usually happens, is that when one moves in, one sets up the house and that's how it stays for years. Sure, one moves around some of the smaller pieces, but on the whole it stays the same. I mean, who can really devote the time and money to change the curtains or reupholster the sofa's every year? Ok, maybe if your last name is Trump, you can do that, but I certainly don't bother.

To me, the impact of a new look is created by artwork and paintings. Just by thinking out of the box, one can make the room look dramatically different, and that's what I did a few months back, and quite frankly am itching to do so again. Large format art. It's incredible how it changes a room, just by using a custom poster, maybe some graphic or some of your own photography, and vioila, you've got a new focus area. The thing to remember about custom poster frames is that instead of going all wimpy about them, go dramatic instead. Sure, it'll cost a little bit more, but the impact is worth a lot more.

You've got to visit the site and see more at Shortrun Posters, so you can see what I'm talking about. The cost getting a custom poster is definitely less than what you're thinking it will be and they really do change the way a room looks. Last time around, I got some of my photographs enlarged and converted to black and white, and just like that they made such an impact. This time, I'm going to get them mounted and maybe even laminate a couple of smaller ones. In the end, it's all about being creative and creating a unique look for your home.

Comments

manuprakashtyagi said…
nice writing
Shalini said…
thank you.
Heather said…
oHi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com2

Popular Posts