photos from my home town

I've been back over a week, but I still don't feel settled in. It's taken me much longer this time around, maybe because my trip was so much longer than normal...3 months! Looking back sorting photos and here are some from Chandigarh, the city where I grew up, my hometown. I realize that as I'm getting older, I'm growing fonder of it.

Walking in Bougainvilla garden in Sector 3. That's my mother and my daughter!

A garden full of these beauties! 

Looking up at the sky and seeing beautiful pods and seeds.

A stranger at the embankment on Sukhna Lake.

A little kitty that I found in the kitchen at home-home....it has a mama version too. I thought it was a place mat, but it's actually thicker and to be displayed on the wall.

Comments

Unknown said…
I've only ever been away from home three months once, a long time ago. It must be strange, coming back, even if things seem the same. Do you look at everything with fresh eyes, do rooms seem just a little bit different? Do you notice things your eye accepted before you left?
Shalini said…
Oh, everything is scrutinized at first and only once I can get everything put back the way I want it, then I start to feel at home again! I notice things that I should have seen earlier and wonder why I didn't move or change.
Nikita said…
what great photography! Love the pictures!
I can totally understand what you mean when you say, you are getting more fonder of the place. I have similar emotions of Kolkata!

visit: http://pen-twister.blogspot.in/
Anonymous said…
beautiful and amazing pics!! thanks so much for sharing them =)
Unknown said…
Aww that cat thing is so cute :)
Unknown said…
Lovely Pics! That first photograph? Oh! Boy if that place was my home town, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else!
Shalini said…
NIkita, thank you. Yes, distance makes the heart go fonder...not only for people, but places too!

Elle, thanks!

Lois, :-)

Mom with a dot, thank you! Sometimes I do feel like that too!

Popular Posts