early morning in the neighbourhood!

Even though it's getting hot, the mornings and evenings are still somewhat pleasant. When you live in the desert, you have to make do with the heat, or stay cooped up inside for 6 months of the year. It's hard and really makes me claustrophobic, so we head out, even for a short while, it just makes a difference.

My daughter E has been waking up early, so that's a great excuse or rather push that I need to head out in the morning. The other day she woke up at 550am! What am I going to do, I thought. For a while, we just snuggled and she lay on me, which I have to say is the most sweetest thing ever. When we were at home-home and sharing a bed (since she outgrew her crib), she would love to fall asleep lying on me, which she now misses since she's back in her own crib!

At 620am I thought, lets just go out. I needed to buy some yogurt and better to go and buy it when the weather is still nice, so off we went. And yes, there's a small Carrefour Market nearby which is open 24/7. By the time we reached there, I was hungry, so I decided to buy some banana's too, which we ate while sitting under a flowering gulmohar tree! It was like a little impromptu picnic of sorts!

Enjoying the morning quiet and taking photos while E runs around. That's her in the background, in the pale blue pants!


It's been really lovely to see so many trees and shrubs come up in our area in the past year. Desert or not, they grow fast! I just wish that they would plant more trees along the sidewalks and paths, so that one could be totally protected in the shade in the heat of the summer! They usually plant palm trees, which are great to look at, but just don't have much shade.


A new-soon-to-be-opening gelato place which has chairs and tables shaped like ice cream cones! It's quite hilarious and monstrous at the same time, which is why I didn't focus on them. What I did focus on is the side of a date plam tree. I love the pattern the trunk takes on as it grows. These are where the old fronds have been cut away.

Greenery, freshness for the eyes! I don't know what this is, but it always smells incredible as one walks past it. It's my favorite spot to pass by every day!

Comments

Anonymous said…
S

I had forgotten you also blog.

Well I guess I forget things too much these days..

Lovely set of photos and I hope you got your yogurt.

BTW.. yogurt reminds me I make feta these days. Next time you are in India.. please inform,

That said.. I have set up a newer blog on wordpress and give that a dekko.

http://anoopnegiphotography.wordpress.com/

This will be a feeder for a weddign photography site on wordpress that is coming up...hopefully in a fortnight
Shilpa said…
you inspire me. i would have switched on the tv, maybe. or handed out colours to the kids if they woke up like that! in my defense, we have nothing 24/7 nearby or far. so.

love the photographs. especialy that E-bokeh and heh! i like the idea of cone ice-cream chairs :D
Shalini said…
Anoop, thanks for letting me know about your site...the photos are fantastic, some of them I remember seeing when I first came to your photos on flickr.

And yes, I got my yogurt!

Shilpa, Ha ha, you don't know that my secret agenda is to tire-the-baby-out, so that she sleeps in the afternoon, and then repeat the same for the evening walk!

And colors...whoa, too much to handle first thing in the morning, just to keep track of what she's coloring....the floor, the table, and so on! She's not that interested in the tv....like she won't sit and watch it, but music and music videos she enjoys.

When you visit me, we'll go and have some gelato there, siting in those cones!
Fantastic photography Shalini and lovely write ups too. Enjoying every bit of your blog :)
My Dream Canvas said…
These images are superb!!
Shalini said…
Thank you Sanghamitra and Anu!

Popular Posts