how to bypass Blogger's country specific urls

Did you notice how Blogger has started to use country specific domains to blogs. So, when I open my blog while I am in India, the address comes as http://oftravelsandtravails.blogspot.in instead of .com which is what it should be. Hey, I don't want my blog url changed to depict only an .in blog, so what do I do?

Well, it turns out that if you add a /ncr at the end of your url, it will go directly to the .com page. So, if you enter http://oftravelsandtravails.blogspot.com/ncr, then it will go to the original .com site, and then even if you click on one of the posts it will link you to the .com page, without having to enter/ncr again. I think there is a way to do this in the script too, so anyone opening your page will not even see the .in, but I have to find the code for that as yet.

Here's the technical answer from Blogger! And another one from The Real Blogger Status.

PS: Page ranking will not get affected by this...hits will still be measured by the original .com url.

PPS: Yes, a post without a photo! I can still do it!

Comments

Popular Posts