Wednesday, June 01, 2011

an unexpected tourist attraction

The other day we were at the supermarket and every second person seemed to be wearing some kind of fancy name badges or the other, and I wondered what was going on. It turned out that they were part of a group tour and they had specifically come to the grocery store as part of their tour package. I kid you not, it's true! I didn't realise our grocery stores were such an attraction. I must pay more attention to them for more than just being a place where I do my weekly shopping, I suppose!

Yes, I'm back!

3 comments:

Kala said...

Shalini, great to have you back and that brought a giggle:):) Makes me wonder what the travel brochure advertised for that little outing:)

shilpa said...

well, I had to laugh. But, then I thought, I have heard so much of the grocery stores there that source fruits and vegetables from all corners of the world, I am sure it would be worth walking through the aisles!

Yay! you're back!

Shalini said...

Thanks Kala and Shilpa! Glad I made you laugh...there always seems to be something funny in our daily lives, and it's nice to really take note of them.