Wednesday, June 08, 2011

making tax returns not so taxing

Every year in March and April, there are lots of people trying to frantically sort out and submit their tax forms, and each year there are many who fail to meet the deadline. But, did you know that if you are in the military and are stationed outside the US, you may be eligible for a tax extension, beyond the already extended date for military personnel living outside the US. Not many people seem to know that it's a simple procedure to get a tax extension form so that you can meet the extended deadline.

Filing taxes have always been tiring and well, taxing, and so I've always found it left better to the experts, especially if you don't have to pay a ton for them and don't have to trudge to an office across the city with all your bills and receipts. Handling it all online, made it a very do-able option for me, especially when last year's tax information was automatically transferred and your W2 and 1099 forms were imported from a large number of employers. Other great additions in using a tax filing service are taking care of your deductions, alerting you to audit risks and keeping track of donations, all such tiresome aspects of tax returns. With all these extras and more, filing taxes became quite a relaxed experience.

No comments: