such precious sleep

Sleep is such a precious thing and at no time does it become even more precious than when you have a baby. I was lucky that Elisha decided to start sleeping through the night when she was 6 weeks old, that too right after a week of colic, so my relief was immense. I was just not able to function without sleeping a decent amount and had to catch up with my sleep as soon as I could. Nowadays, I get to sleep 6-7 hours a night, which isn't too bad at all, but I find that if I don't sleep enough at the right time, or get some uninterrupted sleep in the first few hours of the night or in the early morning hours, then I'm just not able to get going. I know a lot of people having to resort to sleep aids to be able to get some decent sleep, but I'm doing fine on my own. To each her own, I suppose.

Comments

Popular Posts