list: February reading


Despite the rushing around before we left for our trip, I managed to read more than my minimum reading per month. I try to read at least 2 books per month, which is a decent figure.

This past month I read:

The Secret History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig
A wonderful mix of history, drama and swashbuckling romance. Traveling back and forth between present day London and Napoleonic Paris, the Pink Carnation is a masked savior on the same lines as the Scarlet Pimpernel and Eliose is determined to unmask the hero for her dissertation.

The Reading Group by Elizabeth Noble
A lovely relaxing book about a group of women who meet each month as part of a book club. It's a story about their lives, their wants, their desires and how many of them echo the books they select each month.



2 States: The Story of my Marriage by Chetan Bhagat
I have to admit, this was much more entertaining than I thought it would be. It's essentially the story of a boy and girl and how they manage to make their parents like them and each other. The comparisons between the Punjabi and Tamilian community are quite hilarious.

Comments

yasmine zedan said…
ur books' photos are amazing as usual :)
Shalini said…
Thanks much yasmine.
lovely images,lots of serenity

Popular Posts