I wonder, if I could have made it....

Did you know what you wanted to be when you were a kid? For me it alternated wildly between a career in hotel management or something to do with criminal justice. I know, hotel management is believable, but criminal justice? Well, I suppose the fascination could be attributed to the plethora of detective and mystery novels like James Hadley Chases that I read. Mind you getting a criminal justice degree is a great career option, but I really don't think I had thought it through completely at the time.

There were barely any schools that taught it, not like you have online universities where you can get a degree no matter where you live and regardless of if you're already working in another field. When I looked it up online, I found that Northwestern College has a pretty detailed course offering, something that can easily be missing in online studies. While the field of criminal justice sounds like it's part of a high paced CSI Miami set, it's not all glitz or glamor, or dead bodies either. A lot of work comprises of meticulous notes and organizing files, doing research, combing reports for clues and so on. And I do love doing research, at least!

Comments

would have been one fascinating career option :)i remember my ambitions were more like thought for the day :)
Shalini said…
I really doubt if I would have actually been up to it...way too squeamish in reality!

What was the thought of the day...it keeps changing.

Popular Posts