Monday, July 13, 2009
tag: 29 things and counting
I'm way behind in responding to tags, so I thought I'd start with this fun one that Patricia tagged me with. So sit back with a cup of tea or coffee and get to know me better.
1. What is your current obsession?
Figuring out which camera to buy, baking, buying artwork from Etsy, using my new juice extractor and crafting.
2. What is your weirdest obsession?
Endlessly putting stuff away in the kitchen at night.
3. What are you wearing today?
Jeans and a cap sleeved eyelet top. I work at home as a freelance writer and researcher so I can wear anything I want :-)
4. What’s for dinner?
Something healthy....but not sure what...just had lunch.
5. What’s the last thing you bought?
A set of postcards from Ikea a couple of days back.
6. What are you listening to right now?
Pandit Jasraj Live at Shivaji Park CD and of course the ever present hum of the air conditioners.
7. What do you think about the person who tagged you?
Patricia's always got so much energy, and it comes across so effortlessly in her posts and photographs. I'm always impressed with her creativity and vibrancy.
8. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
So many choices....I think I'd love to have a place in the Himalayas...like 360 Yeti in the Kumaon hills of Uttranchal.
9. What are your must-have pieces for summer?
Fun summer sandals, capris, dark glasses and an umbrella to combat the heat.
10. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour,where would you go?
Anyplace where it's raining!
11. Which language do you want to learn?
French and German. The hubby speaks Germain, and he's really keen that I learn. I already know how to count in German and say the essentials, like "I love you" and "oh crap"!
12. What’s your favorite quote?
"Be the change you want to see in the world."
Mohandas K Gandhi
13. Who do you want to meet right now?
My new nephew, Alexander Indus
14. What is your favorite color?
All colors....but lately greens, yellows and blues.
15. What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own closet?
A floaty cream colored top with crochet details at the neck, so perfect for this heat.
16. What is your dream job?
What I do right now...freelance writer and researcher. I work at home, which I love, set my own hours, take up as much work as I want to, and best of all, I don't have to ask anyone for time off!
17. What’s your favorite magazine?
Used to be Domino, but since that's shut down, am browsing through a whole bunch of other ones. I like Living etc quite a bit.
18. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
Artwork from Etsy...it's an addiction.
19. What do you consider a fashion faux pas?
Sari's tied too high, white socks with black pants, wearing see-through clothes...
20. Who are your style icons?
In the Indian sphere, I love the effortless style of Maharani Gayatri Devi. Internationally, Isabela Rosalini.
21. Describe your personal style.
Something that I feel comfortable in, well fitted but not skin tight, natural fabrics, vibrant colors.
22. What are you going to do after this?
Get back to work and have a cup of green tea to keep me going.
23. What are your favorite movies?
Too many to list....but some that I have seen again lately historicals like Jodha Akbar, Ben Hur and Cleopatra and crime capers of all kinds.
24. What are three cosmetic/makeup/perfume products that you can't live without?
Eyeliner, moisturizer, lip gloss
25. What inspires you?
Beauty in nature
26. Give us three styling tips that always work for you
1) Be comfortable...in your clothes and in your skin.
2) Don't try too hard to be something that you're not.
3) Stay away from impulsive buys, it's just not worth it.
27. What do you do when you “have nothing to wear” (even though your closet’s packed)?
Put on some music and dance! I always come up with cool combination's of clothes after doing this!
28. Coffee or tea?
Both...just depends on the time of day and my mood.
29. Pet peeve?
People cutting in line.
**The rules are: Respond and rework – answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, and add one more question of your own. Then tag eight or ten other people.
I'm not tagging anyone, but feel free to take this up if you'd like.
PS: The cup in the photo is neither tea nor coffee (obviously!). It's a cinnamon and honey concoction that tastes really good and feels very soothing.