on an old addiction

There are some things that turn into addictions, that end up consuming all your time, frustrating you and giving you joy at the same time. Well, golf used to be one of them for me. There was a time that I spent a lot of time on practicing my game, heading to the practice area early in the morning, working with a golf coach, using golf training aids and so on. For a while I really was stuck to the schedule, but then it just wore me out and I went to the other extreme of not playing a round of golf for ages.

I still love the game, but realize that it's not a game that one can take up as and when one feels like it and still end up with good results. To be a good golfer, you have to be consistent. That's it, really. You don't have to spend lots of money or hours and hours on the course, but you do have play the game on somewhat of a regular basis.

Comments

pink dogwood said…
have never tried golf - maybe one day :)

I stopped by to say that your header picture is very calming - I love it.
Anonymous said…
Oh god.. You too?? My hubby is a golfer.. He started playing 5 years ago.. and hasnt stopped since. He can wake up at any time in the morning for a round of golf!! Even now.. with the temperatures soaring.. he plays at 2pm most days!! He plays every single day of his life... its his joy.. his passion.. Golf is truly an addiction.. One that does not die at all!!
Shalini said…
Pink dogwood, take it up only when you're going to have lots of time!

Thanks....thought it was time for a change!

Patricia, lol! It's under control....I play when I go home to my parents usually. But there was a time when I used to spend too much time playing or practicing. My parents still play everyday, in fact they stopped and played in as many places as they could on their driving trip to south India a few years back.

Only die-hard golfers can play in this heat....In Chandigarh too, the 130 tee off slot is very popular in the summer.
Chitra said…
Isnt that true almost about anything? :) If you need to be good, you have no choice but to stay consistent at it and practice? The only reason I am saying this is, this is what I seem to be telling my little daughter at times - when it comes to practicing reading, spelling, drawing, music... :)
Shalini said…
You're right Chitra! To be good at anything one must practice consistently. Usually with golf it becomes an obsession, as is the case with so many people I have seen.
Sharon said…
Shalini I love your header so much that I have downloaded it so I can look at it more often:)

Take care,
Sharon:)

Popular Posts