Monday, March 30, 2009

Inspired words


I've been so inspired by the quotes I read on flickr today. Several of my contacts had such beautiful quotations that I was inspired to dig up some great ones that I like and go back to time and again. All three quotes are ones that I have used in a Blurb book of my photographs, which I printed out last year. They suit both life and photography quite well!

Life forms illogical patterns. It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they fly by, for who knows whether any of them will ever return?
--Margot Fonteyn

What the human eye observes causally and incuriously, the eye of the camera notes with relentless fidelity.
--Berenice Abbott

"I do not want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well."
--Diane Ackerman

The above photo is of a flowering simbal tree in a park in Chandigarh that I took in March 2008. This park has some lovely monuments as it was the place where Nehru was brought to be shown the masterplan of the city. I went to nursery school nearby and have played in this park since I was a little kid. Incidentally, my father lived in a house facing this park and played here too. And even more incidentally, my parents now live a street away from the park and I love going back there on each visit home :-)

8 comments:

~mE said...

Lovely !

hitch writer said...

aha !

nice way to start today !

Shalini said...

thanks S and hitch writer!

S, loved the quote you posted yesterday....really got me thinking of doing this!

Arch at Rang said...

All the are lovely quotes but the last one is special:-)

pink dogwood said...

love the quotes - have copied them down in my journal :) love the picture of the park

Katja said...

I especially love the last quote, it would be good to remember that every day :)

Shalini said...

Thanks archana, pink dogwood and Katja!

I have all the quotes that I like in a Word file, but I must write them down in a journal too, it makes so much of an impact if one reads it on an actual page.

Osman said...

nice quotes! truly inspiring!