Sunday, February 15, 2009
list: a few of my favorite things
I love making lists. It doesn't matter what the list is about, I just love making them, whether they're the milk, eggs, bread variety or the more soulful type. This list here is quite a simple one, but one that keeps getting things added to it, but not very many things subtracted, unlike the grocery list!
This is a list of some of the things I like and love, the things that make me happy, the things that make me smile, the things that obviously made me think.....oooh, I must add this to the list!
* Mountains---simply because that's where I spent my childhood. I associate lots of happy childhood memories with them.
* symmetry in motion---like watching people bouncing along in time with each other at the back of a bus. This is really great if you're following a Himachal Roadways bus!
* travel---ok, some of these are no-brainers. I mean, who does not like to travel to new and beautiful places, to not work for a while, to spend time with the family? Well, we all do and that's why it's on my list :-)
* crosswords and sudoku---it's an addiction. I remember doing them during boring college lectures....even the cryptic crosswords looked so appealing in comparison to what was going on at the front of the class.
* free afternoons---they're the best aren't they? You suddenly realize you have some time off and can spend it however you please? Bliss!
* hammocks and swings---the word bliss to me means "hammocks and swings", especially those that I find on vacation!
* bougainvillea---they're always so cheery and giving, but pluck them and they shrivel so fast. Some things are meant to be admired as they are!
* cheesecake---especially the kind made with cream cheese and topped with fresh fruit compote, (as opposed to the kind with sour cream and jam on top)! Yummaliscious!
This is by no means a complete collection, but just a work in progress. More to come...
Edited to add:...and more has come...Kanchan at Elan read this post and decided to one of her own too....and now we have decided to start a monthly series of lists. Yay!
Posted by Shalini at 5:04 PM