On packing and moving

Well, the new year is almost here and I wonder what it will hold for us. We've just moved this year, so it's unlikely that we'll be moving again in the coming year, so that is one relief. In any case, I will be holding on to details of these New York movers just in case we need to be moving again. There is nothing more important than having a good moving company to take care of everything for you. It's what lets you keep your sanity and considering the number of times we've been moving, it's something that is required.

The first time I did an overseas move, I had to pack everything myself and ship it to an agent who crated all my boxes together in a wooden box and shipped them to me. I received my stuff three months later in perfect condition, although the customs agents swiped a couple of items from my boxes while it was being inspected. I didn't even find out about it until I opened everything and found several items to be missing. Then I remembered one chap peering intently into the box where I had packed the missing items, so it all added up. Oh well, it wasn't too much of a loss anyhow. The point of the matter is that unless you have a professional packer, you're always going to get into scrapes like this. So I learned my lesson well and from then on only hired the best and the brightest of the packing world.

Comments

Popular Posts