Best time to head to the UK

Summer is a lovely time to be in the UK, although the summer I was there, it was unseasonably cold and only got warm in late July. I love the UK for all its history, since I am a real history buff, and loved visiting the Tower of London and Tower Bridge, where surprisingly Tower Bridge accommodation is not as expensive as I thought it would be. My other favorite destinations are Windsor Castle and the home of one of my favorite character's in history, Hardwick Hall, home of Elizabeth, Countess of Shrewsbury. A contemporary of Elizabeth I, she was rumored to be more wealthy than the queen herself and married several times, each time gaining in wealth and property. It seems that every corner of England is full with historical monuments and homes, and that is one of the best attractions for me to repeatedly visit the country.

While almost everything is rather expensive in the UK, it is possible to get some great last minute deals on accommodation in London at a site called Cheaperthanhotels.com. Traveling through the UK is a real pleasure, especially to areas such as the Lake District and Edinburgh which are two of the most beautiful area of the UK in my mind. Lake District accommodation can be quite charming and its a great place to spend a nice relaxing vacation, while Edinburgh is wonderful for its repertoire on history that I simply love.

Comments

Popular Posts