Some thoughtful quotes on traveling life's journeys

I went looking for quotes on travel and found some really interesting ones, including a couple of old favorites. I am especially fond of Lin Yutang's quote about the appreciating home only once one has traveled. The whole point of traveling is not to see the sights but to open one's mind, to absorb and to take in as much as one can.

No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.
-Lin Yutang

"It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end."
-Ursula K. LeGuin

That's the best thing about walking, the journey itself. It doesn't matter much whether you get where you're going or not. You'll get there anyway. Every good hike brings you eventually back home.
-Edward Abbey

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."
-Douglas Adams

"The essence of living is discovering. Indeed, it is the joy of discovery that makes life worth the effort."
-Vijay Krishna

All quotes from Quoteland.com

Comments

Popular Posts