On collecting art

I've been collecting art for 20 years now and try to add to my collection at each place that we live. We bought a beautiful still life when we lived in Bristol, RI at a compilation sale of a number of local artists. From Kansas City, I have a simply wonderful and eclectic painting of a parrot that is done in an unusual style with a series of lines in the background. I wish I knew who the artist was, as I would have loved to buy more stuff from the same person. From our stay in Bangalore, I have a dainty little print of a gladioli bloom done from three different angles. This one was done by a student and was at a complete bargain basement price. I have never cared to go in only for the expensive or known names when it comes to art, only stuff that catches my eye. Our stay in Bombay has so far not yielded any results in purchasing art, even though I know of several known artists from my days at the art gallery. So far, it's been more of a hype on the name of the artist rather than the quality of their work. We've got another month to go, before we head out, so there is still a chance that I might be able to get something from our stay in Bombay as well.

Comments

Popular Posts