Wouldn't you rather be here?


I am always on the search for our next destination and are thinking of going to Croatia next. Well, not sure if it will work out as our next vacation, but we definitely want to plan a trip there. Eastern Europe has been on my father's travel wish list for a long, long time now, ever since my parents did the 6 month tour of Europe when they were young. Subsequent visits have been focused mostly on the UK and Scotland, but Eastern Europe and especially the Adriatic Coast beckons more than ever before.

For great information on Croatia, I found Explore Croatia where I found picture perfect postcards of the country, including of Korcula, the birthplace of Marco Polo (I had no idea he was born there!!), the island of Krk, the Pula amphitheatre in Istria, the Brijuni islands and so many more amazing pictures. A lot of the major tourist attractions have become a bit too sterile, in my opinion, and I'd much rather explore a new place, one with more character and less branding than traditional tourist spots.

Comments

Popular Posts