Travel reading


A lot of people are quite satisfied with armchair travel. They read as much as they can about a place, watch programs on TV, see movies etc and are quite satisfied to keep it at that itself or just aren't that curious about other places. I on the other hand need to see for myself all the places that I have read about in books and seen in movies. Ever since I read Frances Mayes 'Under the Tuscan Sun', I've wanted to go to Tuscany. I did see the movie, but that's a completely new story and has nothing really to do with the book, except that it's set in Tuscany and that the main character is a professor. In the book there are two main characters, a husband and wife team of professors, who fall in love with the area when they are on vacation and spend the next several years finding a house to buy. The book is more like a dairy of their life and the history of the area and it's a beautiful book indeed. I highly recommend it, even if you're an armchair traveler.

Comments

Popular Posts