How do you use maps?

I have a good sense of direction and very rarely get lost. One of the first things I do, when I go to a new place, is to study a map and get my bearings, understand the north-south axis and get a general idea of the major landmarks with which I can reference with. While part of this is genetics, the other major role is played by good maps. Unless you have a good map, you can't get to know a new place, no matter how much you keep staring at the map. Map making services are a very niche business offering and the good ones are extremely professional and specialized services.

I still have the 3-D impressions map of my college campus which I relied on to remember all the winding paths that led to buildings on campus. Thanks to this map, I was able to find my way around in no time and gain a feeling of belonging. Whether you use Maps for Business or Pleasure, it is important to go for the best, as it only ends in saving time and effort in the long run. The technology involved has got quite complicated but the need to offer simple solutions still stands.

Comments

Popular Posts