Back from Dubai

We're back from our trip to Dubai. I simply loved the energy of the city, the energy that the city, its people exude. It is a palpable thing, something that is noticeably absent in Abu Dhabi, which is quite conservative by nature. It was my first visit the the region and I was a bit apprehensive about it, but was amazed at how international a city it was. It's hard to really tell where you are in some places in Dubai, since you're surrounded by people by a variety of nationalities. It's a great way to attract people to this city, since we place a lot of emphasis on living in an "international" city rather than in a city with people from only a single culture or nationality. Toronto is a great example of an international city, with people from all over the world, but it's a lot more obvious in Dubai as it is much smaller and all so very new.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi. I did a review about Dubai and I was in awe of the new buildings there. I read that it's an old island. Did you see many historic buildings?
Shalini said…
Hi Diana! This trip we only focused on the New Dubai. We went to the Arabian Travel Market that had some really incredible displays on upcoming projects, and those under construction like the Palm Jumeriah, Jebel Ali etc. I agree, the new buildings of Dubai are truly awe-some, each one more fanciful and outlandish than the next.

Popular Posts