Why I blog

Why do I blog?

A million dollar question, to say the least.

I started blogging in August 2004 out of curiosity. I told no one about my blog, since I was writing for myself and didn't need an audience. Blogging soon became part of my subconscious, and I was constantly thinking, I could blog about this, I should go there just so I could write about it on my blog and so on. I started carrying my camera with me at all times, so I could take a pic for my blog, struck up conversations with unlikely people just so I could write about them. It was addictive and rejuvenating at the same time.

Elaine on 2k Bloggers asked bloggers to list the top five reasons for blogging and I couldn't resist adding my views. I don't have any goals, other than to write well and to write interesting things. Although having a large number of readers is always great, it isn't my primary intention, since I write what fits me best and not the hot topic of the blogosphere.

My top five reasons for blogging are:
  1. To write. Yes, simply to write.
  2. To share my knowledge and experiences
  3. To be part of the consumer generated phenomenon and a generation that places more importance on the right to give personal opinions and views than ever before.
  4. To interact with other bloggers
  5. To widen my horizons

Comments

James McGovern said…
The final list from 2Kbloggers.com is now available. Would be a great idea to download and publish as your next entry...
Shalini said…
Thanks James!!

Popular Posts