On seriousness of work and life

I've been having a lot of fun with writing and blogging lately. In the sense, that I have been posting quite regularly, that is when I'm not on vacation, at least. I was amazed when I calculated that I had taken 72 days off last year. It was both thrilling and shocking at the same time...thrilling that I had so much freedom to take so much time off from work, and shocking that I'm not being serious about my work and career, when this is really 'the' time for me to be getting extremely serious and committed to moving up in the corportate world. But the thing is that, since I've started working from home in July 2005, I've just not had the heart and even the guts to go back to doing a regular 9 to 5 job. When I get calls from headhunters, my heart sinks that I might get such a good offer that I might not be able to refuse it without feeling guilty at passing up a good chance at money as well as career growth. Think I need to spend some more time, thinking about it...contemplating....evaluating.....but in the meantime, I can keep on blogging, right?

Comments

Popular Posts