How do you get inspired?

Here's a really interesting article on inspiration as Ann Handley of Marketing Profs:Daily Fix, which happens to be one of my absolute favorite blogs, who asks what inspires you? There are pieces by a number of market analysts, researchers and brand managers.

Here are a few of my favorite ones:

Mike Sansone: "New connections. This could be introducing two people and watching what they create; sharing an idea and watching for the 'a-ha' moment; or finding a solution to a problem."

Roy Young: “I am inspired by people who pursue hobbies with passion. They could be watching television, but they choose to learn photography, astronomy, music, or cooking. And they often start hobbies as adults, without having much previous skill or background. This tells me we can always discover and learn.”

Sharon Hudson: “A 'problem' to solve or work through. A calm environment and morning light. And finally, time enough to procrastinate."

Anne Simons:
"Writing a blog inspires me to think about a wide range of issues and to develop a perspective on them, which is intellectually satisfying, and makes me more valuable to my clients. I also like to think that once in a while I am able to share news, an idea, or an interesting tidbit that is helpful to someone."


Needless to say that the last one was my ultimate favorite and the reason for writing this blog!

Comments

Popular Posts