Meatloaf excess

Ok, I'm totally meatloaf-ed out. I've made it 6 times in the past 5 weeks and I'm done with making more for a while. We've had a really hectic entertaining schedule since the first week of december and each time, the meatloaf has been requested. I'm really flattered, but now need a break from it.

Its been quite a relavation for my parents who are visiting us to see me comfortable and confident as a hostess and cook. When they visited me a year out of college in Kansas City and I served dad a bowl of tortilla chips and salsa as a snack, he thought that was the extent of my skills in the kitchen, and filled up on them.....I did serve him chicken paprika for dinner, which was a bit of a shock for him. But, this is totally unexpected of me, to cook a meal for upto 19 people and not get too worked up doing it. I've grown up quite a bit in the last couple of years and have realised I really enjoy entertaining.

Comments

Popular Posts