Kitchen add-ons

Each time I come back from the States, I realize the importance of having good kitchen equipment and kitchen furniture. Unlike India, most people in the US spend a lot of time in their kitchens and thus they are made quite comfortable and decorative. In India, the kitchen is only a utilitarian space, where the owners of the house barely spend any time in themselves, since house help is easily available to do the chores and cooking. I find that even though I have a cook, I would love to do more cooking and baking myself, but I have no place to keep all the equipment required at hand, so it usually becomes a much more complicated process than required. The best way to take care of this issue is to invest in some good furniture to store my continental cooking equipment and maybe even a island as a dedicated workspace. I found a beautiful and practical kitchen island at Great Priced Furniture, from their Attic Heirlooms Collection which has a slightly distressed feel contrasted with clean, strong lines.

Comments

Popular Posts